Originally posted on: August 14, 2013
I have thought about making this change for over a month now and got to thinking that if I am going to do it, I might as well start now, instead of waiting any longer.
I can see the handwriting on the wall for a lot of things that will happen over the next month and might as well get ahead of the power curve.
Why am I starting over?
It was time for me to stop, take a look at where I wanted to be 10 years down the road with my blog, my online presence, and as part of the reflection process I decided to start a new blog as my primary social media hub.
My blog "A Veteran Runnah" is too identified with my failed small social media business, to have it go back to being "just" my personal blog. Over the past year, almost every time I wrote a post or responded to a comment, I did it thinking a certain way, from the perspective of how it would look to a brand or other potential business opportunities.
Honestly, "A Veteran Runnah" reminded me of something that could have been, but wasn't.
When I became so focused on becoming Harold the social media marketer and writing a weekly blog post for Anthem's Real Health blog (which ends August 31st), in many ways, I stopped being me and became too much Harold the professional blogger.
Looking back I would not trade the experiences and what I have learned over the past two years.
I am sure that I will continue to use some of what I learned here on "A Runnah's Story". However, it is now time for me to get back to what I believe is important and telling my story the way that I want to share it, versus attempting to write posts so that a certain audience will read them and/or do something as a result of that post.
This is not the easiest choice that I could have made, but looking at everything - starting over is the correct one for me.
- What will "A Runnah's Story" focus on?
- Running from my point of view, which is not always the popular view
- A view from a lot closer to the middle of the pack, than up front
- My daily training - how I am still attempting to improve as a runner and working hard to do it
- That just because I am getting older, doesn't mean that I have lost my competitiveness
- Stuff that I actually use when I run - less about the manufacturer's marketing pitch and more about how it works for me
- Using my half-a-bubble off-center sense of humor at times to poke fun at myself and some of the sacred cows of running and other things that I am interested in
- That there are things that I do besides run - well once in a while
I am looking forward to sharing my stories about running with you, but this blog and the stories that I will be sharing are mine and like most storytellers, they will be told in the manner and tone that I am comfortable doing.
Welcome to "A Runnah's Story" - my newest blog.
If you would like to continue reading my posts please update your RSS Feed or subscribe by Email using the widget in the sidebar.
Bear with me as I continue to develop "A Runnah's Story" blog and get the site the way that I want it to look and work, which will take a few weeks.