This post was written for and first appeared on One Foot In Reality.
As we enter into the last week of 2015, it is time to start my looking back to see what happened during the year that was.
One of the things that I did back in August was move my blog back to One Foot In Reality, which was my old Blogger blog. Which was a big deal for me. You can read more about it in my Karma Kicked Me Square in the Ass post.
It wasn't that I couldn't have kept going over at WordPress.com, because that would have been pretty easy, probably a lot easier than doing the move. However, I never have been happy with the restrictions on what you can put in the sidebar, how much you can play with the code if you choose to and it seemed like...well enough whining, move on Harold.
Let's just say I wasn't completely happy there.
The move back to Blogger was not all that difficult since I had things already setup and just needed to do some clean-up. Actually, going back to One Foot In Reality has been a good thing for my blogging. I just feel more relaxed and know that if I want to do something with the code, widgets, sidebar - that I can, without worrying about paying extra money to do it. Also it integrate easily with my Google Photos and Android Phone, which is nice.
Hell, I even make two-to-three cents a week hehehehe.
Here are the five most popular posts since I returned to Blogger:
- Did I Actually Change My Running Style
- August 2015 - Re-organizing So Much -- Month In Review
- Hoka Clifton v1 versus Altra Torin 1.5
- Shoes I Ran In - 2015 - Not the Direction I Expected to End Up
- Asics Hyperspeed 6 - 50 Mile Review
1. Is where I discuss all the attempts that I have made to change my personal running style and how even after 2-3 years of actively working to do it. Not all that much has changed.
2. A quick recap of a month where there were so many changes going on how I dealt with them.
3. Lots of runners were interested in Clifton's this year and this post was a good comparison between them and the Altra Torin 1.5's, both pretty good shoes that I purchased. Unfortunately, neither model worked that well for me and I have moved on to a different brand for most of my running.
4. I did my 2015 running shoe run-down a couple of month early...when I did it I was pretty damn frustrated with how many issues I was having in finding shoes that I could put on and forget about when I am running. A lot has happened in the two months since I wrote that and all for the better. I am running well and comfortably in Pearl Izumi's EM line of running shoes. I believe enough in their shoes that I applied for and was accepted to be a part of their 2016 Run Champions Team.
5. The Asics Hyperspeed 6's were a personal purchase and are a good shoe that I ran well in, but that seemed to bother my hamstrings too much when I ran hard in them. Which meant that I was limited by the amount of discomfort I could put up with in my hamstrings and how hard I could run in them. It might be a symptom of getting older, but I don't seem to have as many problems with the hamstrings in other shoes, although the hammie issues never go completely away.
A quick review of the 5 most popular posts I have had since I returned to Blogger and One Foot In Reality.
The reality is that
I am happy to be back and Blogger just works for me and what I want from a blogging platform.