After a lot of thought and consideration -- I have decided to retire One Foot in Reality and leave it as an Archive. I will still monitor it to keep the trolls at bay, but will not be posting here any longer.

If you are looking for my new posts, please go to www.haroldlshaw.com .

Thank you for all they years of following One Foot In Reality.


Tuesday, January 12, 2016

A Nice Recovery Run - RunLog 1-12-16

This post was written for and first appeared on One Foot In Reality.

Hey, Bennie's been behaving himself a lot better over the past few days, so he got to go for a run and was pretty psyched about it. He didn't try to do the run-away thing and waited patiently for me to put the harness on him. All good things.

What wasn't so nice was the 18*F and a slight wind chill that took off a few more degrees in the feels like arena. However, I dressed correctly for it and Bennie didn't care so off we went.

The first mile was him getting re-acquainted with his territory and marking everything that wasn't moving and probably somethings that were, but I couldn't see. However, since this was a recovery run after yesterday's faster treadmill run, I wasn't all that concerned about all the stops.

It was your typical Bennie run: faster, slower, stopped and go again, then repeat. Nothing particularly noteworthy happened on the run, which was a good thing. Sometimes it is nice to just go, enjoy the movement, watch Bennie be Bennie, relax and get outside for a while.

I thought that I was going to be running down-back after dropping Bennie off, so I wore my N1 Trails, so I wouldn't have to change-out again. Unfortunately, I got caught up in something or other and didn't get back out like I planned and this week is my early to work and early out week that happens once a semester. Which meant no second run.

Tonight was the Central Maine Striders annual banquet, but a nice little snow-storm was on its way. Yeah, I could have gone, but when I stepped out the door at work and almost landed on my ass, I had some second thoughts and then when I got over by the Wal Mart lights, and traffic was snarled up. I decided it just wasn't worth it and turned around, went down around Bond Brook Road to Leighton and home. When I got home Mary told me that the storm had started with about half hour of freezing rain, which explained why it felt so damn slippery, even in 4WD

A nice little glaze with snow on top, ain't fun driving, so as much as I wanted to go to the banquet, I know that I made the correct choice for me tonight. We will see how much it actually drops the forecasts have been all over the place and it could be any where from 2-12 inches - depending on who you are listening to or reading. I have a feeling it will be just enough to snow blow in the morning, which means a 5:00 AM wake-up and get my ass going on clearing the driveway, so we can get to work for 8:00 AM.

Less than 3-4" inches I won't even bother. That would be nice, but probably won't happen.

0 Click Here to Comment:

Post a Comment

I moderate all comments and I apologize for using word verification, but the spam levels are ridiculous if I do not.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.