After a lot of thought and consideration -- I have decided to retire One Foot in Reality and leave it as an Archive. I will still monitor it to keep the trolls at bay, but will not be posting here any longer.

If you are looking for my new posts, please go to www.haroldlshaw.com .

Thank you for all they years of following One Foot In Reality.


Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Rain At Last - RunLog 6-29-16

This post was written for and first appeared on One Foot In Reality.

This morning when Bennie and I got out for our first walk, had a lot in common with Cows and a flat rock. Yeah, it was raining just about that hard and it started raining harder when we got halfway down the driveway. He turned around, found a convenient tree, stood there 3-legged for a bit and then trotted off for the house.

Smart dawg.

At about 9:00 the storm had passed and I had finished my rehab work on the legs, so it was time for our run. For the first time since I bought the LG7s, I ran in something else. My old PI H3's. They are the highest "drop" of my PI stuff and I had planned to do another run later and didn't want my Nike's all mud and stuff from running down-back.

More on them later.

Yeah, I hate to admit it, but my left leg was sore from last night's race and warm-up at Quarry Road - that old do a little too much kind of thing that I am so good at. Luckily, it wasn't so bad that I couldn't run this morning, more it was there to tell me quite loudly if I was doing too much.

Actually, for as much rain as we got overnight the dirt road down-back was in decent shape. A little squishy in places, but not as bad as I thought it would be. So we were able to put together a couple of pretty good miles, before heading back up Stevens Hill, where I just can't generate enough umph to do much more than plug along up the hill.

Once we got back to the house I had planned to pick it up a little for a lap around Howard Circle, but we met Mary and she turned around to gab and run with us. So we didn't pick up the pace, but we did run about half mile further than we would have otherwise. So it was a good trade-off

The second run didn't happen, my leg was a little too sore to do another run today, so I took the afternoon off and will do some more of my rehab exercises tonight, they seem to be helping...as long as I stay away from trails and running too fast ;-).

The H3's did fine and like all PIs EM series shoes for me, they just ran smooth. However, after I was done, my leg just felt more sore than it does in the LG7's??? I don't know if it is my imagination or if it is something about how they fit or how I run in them, but my leg didn't like it all that much. So I will get back to running in the Nike's and keep the PI's on the shelf, until this leg thing resolves itself and I can run in them without the soreness developing as much.

Overall, a pretty good day of running.

0 Click Here to Comment:

Post a Comment

I moderate all comments and I apologize for using word verification, but the spam levels are ridiculous if I do not.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.