This post was written for and first appeared on One Foot In Reality.
There it is done, I have gone through my running shoe inventory...yes, I looked in the closet, the back of the garage, under the dresser, front hall closet, in the truck and found all of the shoes that I don't like, can't wear or don't work for me.
Yesterday, I returned the Under Armour Bandit 2's and Apollo 2's, so that left me with a few more that it was time to get rid of. Eleven pair to exact.
If you or you know of anyone who wants to trade me (we can negotiate) or find a good home for these shoes let's talk. I am open to pretty one-sided swaps and if it came right down to it and you or you know someone who really needs some running shoes really badly, I am not greedy. I would rather know that they are getting a second chance with someone who needs them, then have them go to Goodwill.
Also I am very easy on running shoes, so even though they might have some mileage on a few of them for the most part they are still in very good shape. Although the two with over 400 miles might not be the best choice for someone to keep running in.
So what are the shoes I am getting rid of:
1. Nike Streak LT3
(33 miles) - Size 8.5 - I LOVE these shoes, unfortunately, I have also found that my left Achilles Tendon does not love me running in 4mm drop racing flats. This is the second Achilles issue I have had after running faster than an old fart should in this style of shoes. They make me want to go faster than my current body can handle and the left Achilles is what gives. I gotta get rid of them before I wear them again and break me again.
3. Pearl Izumi EM/M3 Road v2
4. Pearl Izumi EM/H3 Roads V1
6. Pearl Izumi EM/N1 Roads v2
7. Skechers GoRun Ultra Women's v1
8. Nike Lunar Glide 5
9. Hoka Clifton v1 - Blue
10. Pearl Izumi EM/N1 Roads v1
- Mizuno - Size 8.5-9.0 (Inspires, Elixir's, Hitogami, Ronin, Catalyst)
- Nike - Size 8.5-9.0 (Free's, LG6 or 7, Pegasus, Racing Flats with 8mm drop or higher)
- Topo - Size 8.5 Magnifly - I know a lower drop but they just intrigue me
- Karhu - Size 8.5-9.0 (always wanted to try a pair)