After a lot of thought and consideration -- I have decided to retire One Foot in Reality and leave it as an Archive. I will still monitor it to keep the trolls at bay, but will not be posting here any longer.

If you are looking for my new posts, please go to www.haroldlshaw.com .

Thank you for all they years of following One Foot In Reality.


Tuesday, October 18, 2016

The Running Streak Is Definitely Over

This post was written for and first appeared on One Foot In Reality.

Well now this has been an unenjoyable two days! To say the least I have not been running.

Sunday night I started to have a headache and felt, well a little off while reading on the couch and having a shitty football game on in the background. I went to bed fully expecting to be just fine.

Err nope

I woke up to the fuzzy head, chills, sweats and while I managed to survive a mile walk with Bennie, after we ate breakfast, it was pretty apparent that going to work was off the table. I wasn't feeling horrible, but the fuzzy head crap means that I wouldn't be worth nothing at work. At that point there was nothing to do but go back to bed. I slept through until 11:30 AM and got up to because there was no choice about losing a lot of weight.

Yeah that sitting on the porcelain queen and everything...well we have all been there, use your own imagination.

With the innards well emptied, the malaise settled in that can't get out of your own way feeling of not wanting to do anything, but sleep, run to the toilet (because you have to) and sleep some more. So that is basically how Monday went.

I went to bed and figured I would be fine today.

So of course things didn't go according to plan, Bennie's walk was shortened by the uncontrollable urge to purge, then the fuzzy head returned and when that pair teams up on me - I know the answer, call in again.

In 2 days this week I doubled my sick days taken in the last 16 months. So much for only having taken 1 day of sick time since I started work over a year ago!

Oh well, I think I am starting to get better, food still doesn't hold a lot of appeal, I eat and drink because I know I have to, not because I want to. Also, I figured out that at this point, it takes my body just about 4 hours to process and eliminate whatever I eat. Not fun, but lots of strange gurgling and other odd noises going on inside the digestive tract and definitely no farting. The gas is not true gas and that wonderful feeling constitutes a hard cheek squeeze and scurrying to sit on the PQ for a while.

A bit more rest today, errr sleeping on the couch with a couch-hogging mutt who thinks that it is territory and tries to push me onto the floor so he can stretch out like he usually does versus this sharing that he has had to put up with for the past couple of days.

Luckily there hasn't been a whole lot of the chills/sweats, nausea or any of that projectile vomiting that seems gang up on me when I go through this stuff.

Tomorrow I plan to be at work, if the porcelain goddess has stopped calling or at least I have a modicum of control over when I have to rush to see her.

Good times, are being had by all. Mary hasn't killed the wimpy husband yet, but I notice that she does find things to do other than wait on me and it is outside or in town. hehehehe

Seriously, though this one hasn't been fun and whatever it is that waylaid me, certainly is not what I would prefer to be doing. OOPS the PQ  calleth, maybe I will get to run later in the week.

After all, I was looking for an excuse to stop that run streak, but I can sure as hell think of a lot better ways.

0 Click Here to Comment:

Post a Comment

I moderate all comments and I apologize for using word verification, but the spam levels are ridiculous if I do not.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.